Tmall Global Product Posting Guidelines 1
These guidelines are developed for the purpose of improving product-quality at Tmall Global(tmall.hk) and to better regulate product postings by Sellers.
Tmall Global Product Posting Guidelines was developed by Tmall Global, and TTmall Global has the right to its amendment and interpretation.
Tmall Global Product Posting Guidelines was amended on 9.30.2017, and is effective from 12.15.2016.
These Guidelines shall apply to all products sold at Tmall Global (tmall.hk), where there are special industry-requirements for certain products, such “Industry Standards” shall prevail.
2. Rules regarding Goods
(1). Rules for the listing of goods:
1) Title listing rules:
— The title must include the brand name+ name of the good ＋ other related descriptions (e.g. properties/specifications/materials/style description etc.);
— The title of a good must not contain any words or symbols that are unrelated to the good’s factual information;
–If a good is custom made or a pre-sale item, the title must include [custom/pre-sale].
(2). Main image listing rules:
1)There must be five (5)main images of the actual good, and each image must be larger or equal to 800 x 800 pixels(with automatic zoom-in function). Images must be taken on a white background (except specific categories).
2) If the usage rights for the trademark of a branded good has been obtained, the brand logo can be placed at the top left corner of the main image and the size of the logo shall be a tenth of the main image; for outlet-type flagship stores that have obtained usage rights for trademarks of outlet’s branded goods, the brand logo can be placed at the top left corner of the main image and the size of the logo shall be a tenth of the main image.
3) The first and second main images must be a clear and full frontal capture of the actual good. Images must not contain watermarks, and must not include text that is promotional or exaggerated descriptions etc, including, but not limited to, flash deals/buy now discounts, limited-time discounts, free shipping, *discount, *discount off particular purchases, *free etc. An image must not include any form of frame / border, must not be a blank image, must not be a collage, with the exception of specific categories such as “couple wear” and “family wear”, and no more than one model shall appear in any image;
Reference Image 1
4) Certain categories, in addition to meeting the above requirements, must also conform to the following rules:
Requirements for Main Images
Apparel and Accessories
(1) Goods in the apparel category: women’s clothing/women’s boutique (hereinafter referred to “women’s clothing”), men’s clothing, women’s lingerie/men’s underwear/home wear (excluding nipple covers, bra inserts/push-up pads), hereinafter referred to as “underwear”);
(1) Images using non-white backgrounds are allowed.
(2) At least six main images shall be used and the size of one portrait image must be larger than or equal to 800 x 1200 pixels.
(3) The portrait image of goods in the clothing category (excluding socks/leggings/pantyhose/tights, panties, camisoles/singlets/T-shirts, strapless bras, bellybands, nipple covers, bra straps, garters, bra inserts/push-up pads, and bra buckles in the underwear category) must show the full frontal view of the model or of the actual good. The image of the model must also meet the following requirements:
Goods in the “women’s clothing” and “lingerie” categories:
1Upper wear: From head to toe or head to knee?
2Lower wear: From waist to toe or from head to toe
3Sets: From head to toe (for lingerie goods, head to toe or head to knee)
Goods in the men’s clothing category:
1Upper wear: From head to mid-thigh
2Lower wear: From waist to toe
3Sets: From head to toe
(4) If the first, second and portrait image in the apparel category contain full views of a model, only one model is allowed to appear in each image, images containing multiple models are not allowed (except for couple wear and family wear); if an image shows the entire good, a flat image of the entire good must be displayed and must not be folded (excluding lingerie).
(2) Goods in active wear category: Sportswear；
(3) Goods in the maternity/baby wear category: Children’s clothes/baby clothes/family wear, maternity clothes, maternity pants/maternity pants with belly band, maternity hats/maternity socks/maternity shoes (excluding maternity shoes),home wear/nursing clothes/long johns, nursing bras/panties/prenatal pants, radiation-proof wear;
(4) Goods in the accessories category: Scarves, silk scarves, hats, gloves, shawls, fabrics, knits, handkerchiefs, ties and bow ties.
Images using non-white backgrounds are allowed
Bags and suitcases
All goods in the primary category of “bags and leather products/popular women’s handbags/men’s bags”
The first and second main images may only display one SKU (stock keeping unit) of the goods (including goods in multiple colors or sizes), and the good must be placed front-facing at a 45-degree angle clockwise. Please refer to Reference Image 2.
All goods under the primary categories of “Women’s footwear”, “outdoor/climbing/camping/travel products (footwear only)”, “sports shoes”, “popular men’s shoes”, “sports/yoga/gym/sports fans goods(footwear only)”, “children’s shoes/baby shoes/parent-and-child shoes”, “maternity wear/maternity products/nutrition (maternity shoes only)”.
The first and second main images of the good must be taken at a 45-degree angle to the left, and only one shoe shall be presented in each picture (Please refer to Reference Image 3); the soles of sports shoes must be placed horizontally seven-tenths from the top of the image, please refer to Reference Image 4.
All sports goods under the primary categories of “active wear/sports bags/neckwear accessories”, “outdoor/climbing/camping/travel goods”, and “sports/yoga/gym/sports fans goods”, excluding shoes and clothing accessories.
The first and second main images must either have white backgrounds or backgrounds with no obvious shading; if images contain actual scenes or models, the backgrounds should be faded-out.
“Cow milk power for babies, goat milk powder for babies” under the primary category of “milk powder/supplements/snacks”, and “diapers/training pants/disposable nappies” under the primary category of “diapers/hygiene/feeding/strollers”.
For packaged goods, the main good of the first and second main images must be the frontal view of milk powder formula or diapers, behind which the product package must be placed; in addition, the number of units and product specifications of the goods must be noted at the lower right of the image, for example: “3 cans”, using the font “Founder LanTing black GBK” in 67-point size for Arabic numbers and 41-point size for Chinese characters.
Please refer to Reference Image 5.
Reference Image 2:
Reference Image 3:
Reference Image 4:
Reference Image 5: